Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Movenpick Hotel Buraidah

No one knows how monotonous a doctor's life can be so I really treasure some time  with my family. I always make it a point to plan our vacation but planning vacation for Eid Elfitr ( the holidays after the Holy month of Ramadan) is a bit difficult for me since we all know that the start of Ramadan and the Eid depends upon the appearance of the moon. So planning this holiday is a bit difficult because of its uncertainty.

We planned to go to Riyadh but because we have no transportation vehicle and the air fare is so expensive(since it is a holiday)we decided to stay in Buraidah and choose between two 5 star hotels in Qassim: The Movenpick and The Ramada. 

We chose The Movenpick due to the unavailability of our clinic driver to drive us to Bukariyah where The Ramada Hotel is located.

The hotel was gloomy at the entrance, the same ambiance I experienced when we stayed in Marriott Riyadh. Fortunately, the receptionist is fluent in english making transaction very easy.
Movenpick Reception
We stayed in the 8th floor, the view overlooking Central Buraidah.
View from our hotel window
The hotel amenities like indoor pool and gym (which is only for the males) bathtub, Flat screen TV, hair dryer, hot and cold shower coffee maker was at par with other 5 star hotels.
Indoor Pool
The hotel freebies include disposable unbranded bedroom slippers, toiletries by EcoM Malaysia, coffee, tea, bottled water and a fruit basket.

During our 3-day stay, we ate in both restaurants located inside the hotel. The Al Dayaa Lebanese Buffet Restaurant in the 9th floor and the CIAO Italian Restaurant in the 12th floor. 

I admit I was not very happy with the buffet menu for lunch on our first day. My daughter agreed that it is not worth the 145 SAR per plate, but my husband really enjoyed the roasted lamb so somehow it paid off. 
Al Dayaa Lebanese Buffet Lunch
The breakfast buffet which was included in the hotel fees also did not meet my expectation. I saw a corner for breads, salad, cold cuts, yogurt and milk, egg station, chicken, sausage (one kind), and the dessert corner. For the entire 3 days that we stayed there the menu is the same. Well, it did present some variety, maybe I was not just satisfied with the taste. 
Al Nakheel Buffet Breakfast
The wonderful part I loved and enjoyed the most is the hotel's Italian fine dining restaurant. Me and my daughter really loved the Risotto and the antipasti buffet. 
CIAO Anti Pasti Buffet
@ CIAO Italian Resto Dining Area
We also enjoyed the room service menu, it saves one the trouble of brushing elbows with people clad in black and just be yourself( you dont know how hard it is to eat with a face cover on, believe me you will not enjoy your food)
Room 805
Our overall experience with this hotel is good. I will give it a 3 stars rating. Ciao resto I will give it 4 stars bcoz of the lovely risotto and the friendly staff. For the breakfast buffet why dont you try it and maybe you could help me with the rating. 

We will definitely come back and visit Movenpick again because of CIAO and we also would like to try the seafood dinner buffet every Thursday night maybe it will lift my ratings up. 

Ciao ciao! Buona notte


No comments:

Post a Comment