Wednesday, August 20, 2014

What's with women and bags?

Three weeks ago I visited the NineWest store in Al Nakheel Plaza in Buraidah that  was before the Eid of Ramadan. We bought 2 bags and 2 espadrilles.

I usually wait for sales to maximize the value of my money but whenever I see a design that I love I buy it immediately. Like this one which I bought from Charles and Keith at 429SAR.
Charles and Keith Shoulder Bag
I know I made the right decision in buying this one because some of my patients love this bag and asked me where I bought it. One patient told me there were no more stock when she went to the store 😔. 

When I was in the Philippines, I seldom buy bags, I indulge in shoes, the reason is because I receive lots of bags from patients whom I delivered pro bono. My first NineWest Brown Hobo Bag was a gift from my cousin Joey and Espie when I delivered EmJay. My First Charles and Keith Grey Tote bag was a Christmas Gift from my sister in law Kit and my second one which is a Brown Tote Bag with matching Make up kit was also a Christmas gift from my Pedia friend Glecy last 2012. My Blue Mango Satchel Bag was a gift from my cousin Ronald and Grace Carlos when I delivered Xyle..and many others follow. 

Now, I admit I indulge a bit more. I left all my bags in the Philippines all well kept and secure when I came here and when I came back during my vacation I gave them all away..

Since I came here last year March of 2013 I have collected a total of 15 bags. My first LV Handbag was a gift from my husband which he bought at 3500SAR, that same bag was my companion when we went to Paris last January of this year.
LV Monogram Satchel
When I came back, I got myself my first Burberry Tote Bag at 400€ which then became my companion when we went on vacation to the Philippines.
Burberry Shoulder Bag
Then one bag came after the other like a storm. My very first Michael Kors Bag is a crossbody bag which was another gift from my husband for my birthday this year. 
MK Signature Logo Crossbody Bag
My next piece of MK I bought online at 1480SAR
MK Signature Logo Shoulder Bag
I also bought one for my sister at roughly the same price as I promised her a birthday gift for 2013.
MK Signature Tote 
My first Gucci Bag, I also bought online at 3100SAR
Gucci Monogram Tote 
Then I hoarded a lot of NineWests and Charles and Keiths. This one below is my very first Red Bag which I bought on sale at 175SAR, the original price is 299SAR. The keychain is not included, I bought that keychain from Eiffel Tower Souvenir Shoppe.
Nine West Red Handbag
This one below was definitely not my style but I love the soft leather so I bought it, price is at 195 SAR (original price at 499SAR) 
Nine West Beige Shoulder Bag
I used this bag for 3 weeks- its the longest duration that I never changed bags. I used to change my bag every week or two. 

This one below, I also bought on sale at 175SAR. 
Nine West Black and White Hobo Bag
I have discovered that stores here in Saudi Arabia usually go on sale when the people has no money at all and that is the 3rd week of every month. So if one wants real value for his money they just have hold on to their salary a bit longer and wait for the sale. 

Today, I was suppose to go on grocery like my husband and I usually do on Wednesdays then we saw this NineWest guy at the grocery store and he remembered us he told us they have big sale today. So after buying stuffs at the supermarket we decided to drop by the store and along the way we saw the Charles and Keith store and yes I got 2 bags from there which are both last pieces and I am so happy it was the last piece. I got both at 195SAR each, the original price is 499SAR each. Then, I got 4 bags from NineWest at a total of 690SAR and all of them last pieces except for the purple one which is one of three.
My Latest Collection
I love buying bags and get heaping discounts. I know  I can't prevent  someone from having the same bag since it is on sale and a lot can afford to buy it so I make it a point to have the last piece as much as possible.

So that's my bag story, what's yours? 







No comments:

Post a Comment